The weather is particularly rubbish, which makes it even nicer to be warm indoors with my itunes and sewing machine. Here are some fab 'you know 'em and you love 'em' classics that I'm listening to. Feel free to help yourself to Nina Simone, or Neil Young, or Etta James...mmm cosy :)
Have you entered this giveaway by telling us what your fave crafting tools are yet? Quite a few of you (who have entered the draw) mentioned Gingher shears and cutters. I've never heard of Gingher so I went to check out their website...and drool (you have great taste!) I'm in the market for a pair of pinking shears, but these 8" flowery jobbies are also delish.
More shopping around:
- Karina makes amazing one off handmade leather bags all by herself - she used to be a costume designer and maker for pop and film stars (so she's knows a thing or two).
- Zoe has designed a stylish print - she is selling it in her Etsy and she is donating £2.50 ($5) of each sale to the MS society.
- Very delicious handmade jewelry by Close to the bone - bold and individual pieces some of them making use of these rings (which look fab, it's great seeing them used jewelry like this)
- Nice Czech vintage buttons - lots of them going for a song. The shop is based the Ukraine and Karina (see above) assures me that the lady who runs the shop is very nice and reliable.
How dinky doo is this button = 60p ($1.20)
I love this one, I'd put it on champagne or teal coloured satin clutch = £1.50 ($3.00)
And NOT shopping (as I will be making myself):
- I need some pedal pusher pajama bottoms - to keep my bum warm in bed, but short enough to leave my legs free.
- I'm going to make something wall mounted and pretty to display my necklaces - because I'm so fed up with having to untangle them just as I'm leaving the house and I'm like 20 minutes late already!!! I think I will post a tutorial for this.
- My table top ironing board needs a new cover - If you would like me to make up a tutorial for this (which I'm sure would be appropriate for most any ironing board) please let me know in the comments and if enough of you folks do, I'll get one together :)