I've been awarded by four lovely bloggers for two awards in the last two days. It's made tummy flip each time because it's quite something to make other people happy from just doing I love, and even more so when that thing is also my job. Thank you for allowing me to combine craft (which is probably one of the purest pleasures going!) with my means of earning a living.
So with sewing machine in tow I'm walking up the crafty red carpet (in my pajamas of course) to collect a You Make My Day award:
Which has been kindly given to me the lovely Florence whose blog is newer to me. I love her style writing it's very human, intelligent, and full of thought. It's wonderful reading about the crafty goings involving her and her children (who are both already very nimble fingered), that said she's pretty crafty herself (she can sew kimonos!) and her husband makes music, and dinosaur toast for the kids!
And the lovely Christine has also given me the same award. Christine has just started blogging, but I think I might have found my match bag making wise. She makes beautiful bags and makes up fab tutorials with BIG enthusiasm.
I'll pass this award to:
- Kathi - who has just started blogging was recently seen rubbing shoulders with Oprah W. (go Kathi!). Her writing style is sharp and very funny and her bags make me go a funny shade of green.
- Ali - whose side board (I know) is filling up with awards already - and rightly so. Her writing is fabulous, to the point, straight-up, and so funny (in a dry way which I love). She sews, cooks, knits, rubber stamps, and runs around after 2 boisterous boys etc etc etc!
- Jo - Hi Jo, I know you have one already, but now you can put an award in both of the bathrooms. Jo is the only blogging buddy I have met; she is just as lovely in person as she in her blog.
- Melanie - who is a bright and lovely person and she is so patient with me when I take AGES to reply to her comments and emails. Sometimes I pop into her blog just to have a drool at her gorgeous fabric.
- Anna - Hi Anna, I know you already have one too. You have been so kind sending me lots of emails and comment over the past months. Anna's writing is sharp and funny and she will try most any crafty thing once. She handmade gorgeous soaps the other day.
And the aforementioned Jo has also given me the same award (you well deserved yours Jo!).
I will pass this award to:
- Meg - is so talented with her sewing and now she is selling her patterns (jealous). Not only is she sucessful, she's very generous in spirit with her advice.
- Carrie - makes and sells gorgeous bags, pouches, and aprons and she also writes a very entertaining blog. She is another lady who is successful and generous in spirit and she makes me look like a lazy bones!
- Felicia - makes the most the most cute and daft crittters from recycled materials. You only have to drop into her blog and straight away you are presented with fluffiness, googly eyes, and wonky smiles - enough to bring a smile to anyone's face.
- Jessica - her blog is so inspirational, her posts are eclectic and style finds are fab. She is so generous with her tutes - need to paint a chair anyone?
PHEW!! Thank you so much everyone. (I know I've missed lots of you out!).
I'm will be celebrating this award ceremony with a rather nice bag making bits draw which I'll about post tomorrow.
Powered by Qumana