I hope you all had a fab weekend. Golly it was hot down in the South.
Thank you for your lovely birthday wishes - big cuddle back at cha! I wonder if I could fix-up a pattern for kung-fu slippers? I certainly feel like I've put on 30 something kgs in the last few days. I visited my folks in the weekend; they fed me up good and proper and they gave me a bread maker for my birthday. Cool eh? I've never owned one before, but I love the idea of baking our own bread. Even Al said something about making some home-made onion toast with cheese and onion on top - drooool.
So busy at moment. I know I always say this, but recently I have begun to feel like I've spawned a bit of an uncontrollable bag making monster. I'm a little frightened about the amount of work that is piling up before my eyes and I reckon it's going to be McCrazy all the way through to Xmas - erk!
I am not moaning about the amount of work at all. I know I am lucky. I'm just a tad scared by the juggernaut-ness of it all:
- I have now received the bag book contract and I know that as soon as it I sign it, it's gonna be deadlines galore.
- The book writing needs to be completed by the end of Oct 09 and come hell or high water this book shall have top-notch writing, or there's no point in doing it.
- Al and I need a touch base kind of holiday because we won't get another chance when he starts work.
- I have just accepted a bag making workshop job (for one weekend - which is scary because I haven't taught face-to-face before).
- I miss writing better quality bag making blog posts, but I haven't had time :(
- And there's the shop, which has to be run smoothly and efficiently... Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! All of these thoughts are swirling in my mind and I don't want to let anyone down.
I'm thinking we might need to add to the team in the near future. I know I gotta do it, but it's so hard to let go of the reins. I love the cosyness of being a small business.