Hooray finally finished and I'm delighted with her!! This bag is going to be the newest addition to my paid for PDFs. It also is going to be used for a bag workshop that I'm holding in May...
Long time readers might recognise this bag from here. Now, much as I'd like to call this new pattern 'The Gas Bag' I'm thinking that this might cause confusion (and it's not the nicest name, is it really?)
I'm sure you can do a better job of naming the bag pattern - you usually do....
- Width = 16in (40cm)
- Depth = 2 3/4in (7cm)
- Height = 12in (30cm)
I do have a thing for curvey-ness don't I? This bag has a rounded-off bottom corners and darts to add volume-y shapeliness. The yoke is trimmed with contrast piping which looks scrummy and it reinforces the bag.
The centre pleat adds interest to the body of the bag and looks pretty darn preppy. As for the decorative oversized self-cover buttons on the straps? Well, I just want eat them! The straps are triple stitched onto the bag for super-strength.
Undo the zip and inside you'll find a roomy inner pocket. Add one or two of these pocket to your lining as you wish. All of the features and techniques on this bag are explained in the instructions on the pattern (except for the self-cover buttons - which are easier to make than sneezing!)
Contest Details (please read carefully)
Okay, hopefully you know the drill by now :) I'll send the bag featured in this post (which is the 1st working prototype and it is poi-fect!) to one lucky winner.
**UPDATE** I've just remembered I have to keep hold of the bag until 17th May for bag workshop for demo purposes. Not to worry, I'll keep it in pristine condition for the winner :)
To enter all you have to do is comment on THIS PARTICULAR POST by:
- Picking a name for this PDF PATTERN. As a couple of pointers I tend NOT to name my items after girls names (such as 'Alice Purse' because IMHO that has little meaning...), instead I tend to lean towards names which in some way describe the item.
- Please DO NOT focus on the fabric of this bag as this is a pattern only. Ta!
- Enter as many times as you fancy.
Contest Official-ness :
I'll select the winning name in a weeks time - 3rd May and announce the winner the following day-ish. Good luck!
- I'll need to ask the winner to make a donation for the postage.
- Sorry I can't notify winners, so please keep an eye for the winner announcement. This is made easier for you if you subscribe to this blog so you don't have to keep checking back, although it's always great to have you pop-in for a read :0)
- Prizes which are not claimed within 3 weeks of the winner announcement will be carried forward to the next draw.
- Sorry I can't reply to contest/draw comments, but I do love reading every single one :)