Hooray lights shining bright thru the other end of the tunnel and angels are singing - we are moving to the sea this Friday. Woo hoo! Thanks to all of you who sent your kind good luck wishes for the move. It's going to be a numpty chaotic nightmare, but hey - it's going to be so worth so who cares, not I!
Al is such a sweetheart, he suggested that we should prepare some microwave food for our supper (for the day we move). Er yeah, that evening I won't be in the mood for microwave food, I'll be too busy swinging from the lights swigging on a fruit cocktail and munching on my first portion of Brighton Fish & Chips (consumed as a resident of Brighton - as opposed to a tourist!).
To all customers of my shop, thank you very much for being patient with the short delays in sending stuff out. I promise that not only will things be back to normal pretty soon, they'll be better!
I'll of course return to more regular blogging as well. As soon as we unload our gear I'll be sure to show you pics of the new house and I'll do my best to show you around my new neighbourhood as well :)
So my last blog duty (performed in London) is to announce the 6 winners of the Final U-Handbag Crafty Clearout.
and they are:
- 50 = Lorna who said "Hello Lisa! Brighton! You lucky thing, hope the move goes well. I'd really like to see a pattern for a 40's or 50's solid-type handbag, with a frame and maybe gusseted sides. Apologies if I'm not describing this too well! Thanks for all those fantastic tutorials on your website, they're really helpful. All the best Lorna x"
- 99 = Sarah who said "tote bags! :"
- 115 = Dee who said "I love your PDF patterns 1 have 3 and looking at 2 more. Your patterns have made gift giving easy.... MORE TOTES..."
- 53 = Simone who said "Hi Lisa, Since investing in my first sewing machine last year, and having lots of fun learning and making (easy) things, I am now making one of your own bag designs, (Cavernous Carpet bag) - Going OK so far. Well, I would love for you to design a funky bag for my sewing machine with a couple of pockets on the exterior and a sturdy bottom. I ended up buying a plain boring black one, but I think my dear machine deserves something pretty and yummy, thanks!"
- 114 = Claire who said "Hi! Good luck with the move! I would like to see a really funky/trendy laptop bag design. A bag thats for a laptop but a bit funkier than the usual kind you can buy! x"
- 58 = Robin who said "Good luck with the move! I'd be interested in a less complicated version on Amy's weekend bag. Thanks for all the tips. You've been so helpful."
Congrats to the winners! Will you please get in touch with me asap (my email is at top right corner of this blog) so we can arrange getting your mags and patterns sent to you - before I skip town!
Coming next: pics of our new house, Beanie & Brighton. See you on the other side OX!