Yep, having friends in Crafty places does have it's benefits. Before it went to print I was lucky enough to see PDF sneaky peeks of Amy's Style Stitches book. Amy told me that she & David had so much fun styling the book - getting the look just right and creating the lush photography (David is not only the book's photographer, he is also the rock drummer for Black Owls - which is so cool it's sick!) I think the fact that Amy & David were in charge of the art direction of Style Stitches makes it very special and personal. It sure helps explain why it's so beautiful to look at! Flicking through the pretty pages is pure inspiration & escapism, but at the same time you can see how joyful and fun Mr & Mrs Butler™ photo shoots must be to create and take part in!
Fans of Amy's bag designs are in for a real treat. There are delicious bags that are going to blow you away. Whilst newbies will find achievable patterns inside to get to grips with, the more seasoned sewist will find designs in here that will have you rushing for your fabric stash - me included (I'll show you my fave 2 designs in a mo). The designs are all very Amy-licious, but some of them are Amy encouraging you to have fun with new and exciting shapes. The results will have you bursting with pride when you show off your baggy handiwork to your friends (and we all love that don't we!)
So the crafty treat I have in store for you is a whole bunch of dreamy Amy Butler goodness. Check this lot out!
Find more sneaky peek book pics in my Facebook.
Contest Details (please read carefully)
I will send a signed copy of Style Stitches and the 2 sewing patterns to 1 winner. The draw is open to everyone. If winners are overseas I will mark the package as a 'gift' so there will be no customs to pay.
To enter all you have to do is comment on THIS PARTICULAR POST by:
- Answering this just-for-fun question. 'If you could commission Amy to design anything in the whole wide world what would it be?' I'll be showing Amy your answers so feel free to go wild with your ideas. :)
Contest Official-ness :
- I'll randomly select 1 winner in a weeks time: 13th Oct and announce them the following day-ish. Good luck!
- I'll need to ask the winner to make a donation for the postage.
- Sorry I can't notify winners, so please keep an eye for the winner announcement. This is made easier for you if you subscribe to this blog so you don't have to keep checking back, although it's always great to have you pop-in for a read :0)
- Prizes which are not claimed within 3 weeks of the winner announcement will be carried forward to the next draw.
- Sorry I can't reply to contest/draw comments, but I do love reading every single one :)