- you regularly go hungry because stopping to eat whilst doing the craft thing is just too inconvenient.
- ...same applies (as above) for toilet stops.
- your partner, pet, family don't always get fed on time (even though earlier, you agreed it was your turn to fix up dinner).
- you have taken to smuggling new craft tools, fabric, yarn etc. into your home and you are now hiding it because 'you aren't supposed to be spending 'yet more cash on...new craft tools, fabric, yarn etc..'
- your (now) seasoned family members know better than knocking on your craft room door whilst you are locked inside creating - because when you are creating you can be: 'a scary person' (see point 6)!
- you are normally a mild-mannered, gentle and caring person, but when something doesn't go your way inside the craft room your skin goes this odd shade of green and your clothes start ripping open.
- you see nothing wrong with staying in your PJs all day to craft (many of you also will not even shower, or brush your teeth, let alone your hair...)
- the prospect of staying in to craft all evening seems far more attractive then having to find something nice to wear and going out to party, dinner, etc.
- many of your friends think your craft habit is verging on unhealthy...
- you have shed-loads of fabric, yarn, beads, clay, paper, etc. etc. etc. but for some reason, you don't have just the right colour of fabric, yarn, beads, clay, paper, etc. etc. etc., for your latest project.
- whilst crafting you regularly call-screen your phone (see point 12).
- when people who tried to call you (during your crafting session) and didn't get an answer you sometimes tell them you didn't hear your phone/your phone is not working/someone was at the door/etc..
- you save everything...old wrapping paper, jewellery, scraps of yarn/fabric, junk shop/skip/thrift store etc. finds, much to the amusement/irritation of those around you.
- when you're not doing craft you're checking it out on your computer/your phone/in books shops/libraries/meet ups.
- in your home everyone knows that "just another 10 mins" actually means: "just another 30/60/130 mins".
If you agreed with ummm...say...3 or more of these statements; I am afraid there is no hope for you. But hey, welcome to the club! You're one of us and we happen to one of the nicest most content (don't forget; talented, mindful, energised, creative, quick-silver, determined...I could go on, but won't) groups of folk you could hope to meet.
So do you recognise yourself somewhere in these statements? Or have I shamed myself in public (again)?