It really is time we added to our Purse Making Kit collection isn't it? Yes? I thought so :)
I confess this bag was made with the help of Mabel's fab Grandparents (whom my darling is visiting at the mo). Mabel now wants to touch pins, markers, the iron and she wants to press sewing machine buttons - this can (scare the hell out of me and) slow up the work flow, just a tad. Thanks Mum & Dad - I love you!
One of the things I love about my designs is that I have an instant audience downstairs - and if the needle on our Squeal-ometer™ doesn't more or less fly off the machine I can go back and make adjustments to the design. I'm pleased to report that our Squeal-ometer™ is now broken! :)
So this beauty is very proper. She'll do for the Madmen typing pool, yet she'll also do for the rockabilly chick or even the job interview. You choose the fabric for the occasion and the bag shape will tell 'em: 'I'm a lady!'
Things we love:
- She has a roomy front pocket (of which the curved pocket top edge nicely echoes the curved top edge of the bag).
- She is very roomy, her sides and bottom are generous - just the way we like it it!
- She has a lovely boxy pyramid shape
- The leather handle finishes off the bag puuurfectly - it strengthens the bag's boutique-bought looks.
- Wear the bag over your shoulder, swing her in your hand or crook of your elbow
Click on the pics to enlarge:
Roomy and very lady-like (just like me - well, the roomy part). This bag would also look sooo good in solids as well. How about some charcoal grey wool and a plum/lime/turquoise coloured corsage? Yes please!
Measurements: (H) 23cm x (W) 25cm x (D) 11.5cm (9in x 10in x 4 1/2in)
The purse frame I've used is a great bag sized frame.
So I hope you dig my new design as much as we do. Thing is we can't start offering the pattern until it has a name. Can you help?
Contest Details (please read carefully)
To one lucky winner I'll send a BLANK bag making kit (with
pattern) for this bag. It will contain all you need except fabrics,
thread and glue.
To enter all you have to do is comment on THIS PARTICULAR POST by:
- Picking a name for this bag design. As a couple of pointers I tend NOT to name my items after girls names (such as 'Alice Purse' because IMHO that has little meaning...), instead I tend to lean towards names which in some way describe the item.
- Please DO NOT focus on the fabric of this bag as this is a pattern only.Ta!
- Enter as many times as you like.
Contest Official-ness :
I'll select the winning name in 2 days time - 27th Sep (GMT) and announce the winner the following Tuesday.
- I'll need to ask the winner to make a donation for the postage.
- Sorry I can't notify winners, so please keep an eye for the winner announcement. This is made easier for you if you subscribe to this blog so you don't have to keep checking back, although it's always great to have you pop-in for a read :0)
- Prizes which are not claimed within 3 weeks of the winner announcement will be carried forward to the next draw.
- Sorry I can't reply to contest/draw comments, but I do love reading every single one :)