These bags are a must for anyone who has stuff that they want to easily sort through and keep tidy - basically, these bags would be handy for anyone!
The Dishy Bag has a nice wide base so you can: rummage/play/sort/work/craft/knit/crochet/etc. on the bag with ease. And when you want the mess to go away, you simply pull on the drawstring handles, draw up the bag and hang it up somewhere, or leave it in the corner of the room - ahh all tidy again!
These bags are fab for storing their toys. The kids can sit in or out of the Dishy Bag and play and when they are done, they/you draw up the bag and 'shazam', the toys are tidied away. Quick, easy and far preferable to spending the evening on your knees, scouring the floor for squillions of minute toy bits, or piercing your feet on those jagged (instruments of foot death) Lego pieces (and the like). By keeping those toys bits safely stored, we might even save money from not having to replace said lost toys bits - happy days!
Not only is this a useful pattern, it is a versatile one. I have included instructions on how to make the Dishy Bag to any size that you want. So you can easily make a mah-oosive 'fit's 2 kids + toys' size bag to a diddy 'sits on your dressing table cosmetics bag'. By playing with the bag width and height dimensions you can make wide and shallow Dishy bags or narrower and taller bin/bowl shaped Dishy bags. Whatever the occasion calls for!
Things we love:
- Really easy to make - once you've figured out your size, the bag is quick to whip up (to make life easy - I have included dimensions for a medium size bag: 28in x 3 1/12in (71cm x 9cm).
- Really useful - most anyone will have a use (and a good few more) for these bags.
- Really clever - at least I think so. I like to fill my Dishy bag with her toys and take it to: my friend's/relatives houses/on holiday/restaurant. It's perfect as an easy to tidy mobile play area.
- Really flexible - make the Dishy bag to any size to suit your needs.
- Really cool - choose fabrics to match your home. The bag's simple circle shape lends itself well to showcasing your fave fabrics.
This pattern is available as a hard copy sewing pattern booklet.
Click on the pics to enlarge
What will you store in yours?