Oh we do like to be beside the: seaside/sunny sidewalk/swimming pool. Or anywhere outside, feeling mighty happy in the glorious sunshine! And I have designed a pretty bag to accompany you on those sunny walks and trips. I wanted to design an easy going, easy to use, (but no less smart-looking) bag that is both roomy and practical for the beach or the park etc., but still stylish enough for a spot of shopping or even a cheeky city break! According our office Squealometer© mission has been accomplished and ratings were very high on this one!
We think this bag is ever so pretty - but she is absolutely no less useful for it. Thanks to the yummy bag base gathers she looks neat and tidy when you've less to carry. And when you're having a 'kitchen sink' kind of day - she will happily expand to accommodate.
The bag is definitely one of those: 'so easy to use, you'll reach for it again and again' kind of bags. It is wide at the top so it's easy to shove things in, and quickly fish them out. The closure is a (simple to install) zipper so you can cram your bag full and not worry about loosing anything as you run for the bus. Inside there is 1 decent sized pocket for your smaller valuables, of course you can add another pocket if you fancy.
You might be thinking, a bag this useful and pretty comes at a 'skill-rating' price, but you need not worry. This bag is not tricky and it can be made in 1- 2 evenings of (reasonably) uninterrupted sewing time. Honest!
Things we love:
- She's secure - the bag has a (genuinely) easy to insert zipper closure.
- She looks so professional - we LOVE how the Faux leather handles nicely finish-off this design.
- She looks so pretty - loving the wide curvy top edge and the sweet gathers.
- She's versatile - she looks just as great on the beach as she does on a smart shopping street.
- She's roomy or she's neat - the gathers expand to hold more or neatly bunch up when holding less (she looks graceful either way!)
Finished size: 18in (W) x 11in (H) (46cm x 28cm)
Click on the pics to enlarge.
We love the new Faux leather handles, they look totes professional and easily look like the real thing. They add a nice contrasting touch of 'grown-upness (or bought-in-a-boutique feel) to the pretty fabric gathered design. We do like folks to be astounded when we say, "yep this is one of my creations'!"
So I hope you like my new tote bag as much as we do. Thing is we can't start offering the pattern and kit until it has a name. Can you help?
Contest Details (please read carefully)
To one lucky winner we'll send a BLANK bag making kit (with pattern) for this bag. It will contain all you need except fabrics and threads.
To enter all you have to do is comment on THIS PARTICULAR POST by:
- Picking a name for this bag design. As a couple of pointers I tend NOT to name my items after girls names (such as 'Alice Purse' because IMHO that has little meaning...), instead I tend to lean towards names which in some way describe the item.
- Please DO NOT focus on the fabric of this bag as this will be a pattern/kit only. Ta!
- Enter as many times as you like.
- We'll select the winning name end of next Weds 8th (GMT) and announce the winner the following day.
- I'll need to ask the winner to make a donation for the postage (the kit will be sent as soon as the pattern is published).
- Sorry I can't notify winners, so please keep an eye for the winner announcement. This is made easier for you if you subscribe to this blog so you don't have to keep checking back, although it's always great to have you pop-in for a read :0)
- Prizes which are not claimed within 3 weeks of the winner announcement will be carried forward to the next draw.
- Sorry I can't reply to contest/draw comments, but I do love reading every single one. :)