Ker-pow! With her classic shape she may be stylishly subtle, but she is no less an attention grabber On test runs to the shops, drop-off at nursery and evening drinks with girlfriends I've been asked many times where I bought this bag from. As you can see this bag shape is based on the 'hard working, super practical messenger bag' as used by couriers and the men in our lives. I love how clean-looking and useful messenger bags are, but I wanted a sophisticated, more nippier, but every bit as practical version of the messenger - and I think I have done it!
Why is bag so useful? She's gorgeously padded (front and back) with this amazing foam - this means you can tote about fragile electronic gadgets without worry, There is a large zipper pocket in the lining too (which is also foam padded (which was fun trying to figure out how to do, but I did and it works great!); and there a roomy pocket at the back. The closure is a snazzy twist lock, which looks sexy and works great. Oh yes, and she's made from faux leather (the faux leather we stock is a dream to work with and is a dead-ringer for the real thing!) The faux leather version just looks so professional. Make her and you will love her, she's sure to become a favourite for years to come.
Things we love:
- She's secure - the bag has a professional and secure twist lock.
- She looks so professional - we love how the faux leather looks so 'official'.
- She looks so pretty - as a nippier version of a messenger, she looks sophisticated.
- She's versatile - she looks just as great in the city as she does on holiday or in college.
- She's roomy or she's neat - the gusset expands to hold more or lies flat p when holding less (she looks nice either way!)
Finished size: 11" (H) x 9" (W) x 3" (D) (28cm x 23cm x 7.5cm)
The bag is definitely another one of those: 'so easy to use, you'll reach for it again and again' kind of bags. It is roomy, but as the gusset sides are left unpadded, the bag lies nice and flat against your body (when you are carrying less).
She's gorgeously padded with this brilliant foam. This not only gives protection, it gives the bag fantastic structure (without being boxy hard). You can see the lovely squishy padding on the bag flap.
So I hope you like my new tote bag as much as we do. Thing is we can't start offering the pattern and kit until it has a name. Can you help?
Contest Details (please read carefully)
To one lucky winner we'll send a BLANK bag making kit (with pattern) for this bag. It will contain all you need except fabrics and threads.
To enter all you have to do is comment on THIS PARTICULAR POST by:
- Picking a name for this bag design. As a couple of pointers I tend NOT to name my items after girls names (such as 'Alice Purse' because IMHO that has little meaning...), instead I tend to lean towards names which in some way describe the item.
- Please DO NOT focus on the fabric of this bag as this will be a pattern/kit only. Ta!
- Enter as many times as you like.
- We'll select the winning name end of next Thurs 26th Nov (GMT) and announce the winner the following day.
- I'll need to ask the winner to make a donation for the postage (the kit will be sent as soon as the pattern is published).
- Sorry I can't notify winners, so please keep an eye for the winner announcement. This is made easier for you if you subscribe to this blog so you don't have to keep checking back, although it's always great to have you pop-in for a read :0)
- Prizes which are not claimed within 3 weeks of the winner announcement will be carried forward to the next draw.
- Sorry I can't reply to contest/draw comments, but I do love reading every single one. :)