CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. THANKS
Whoah. I'm on a pattern making roll! This time I have gotten put my pattern designing schizz into creating a (super) tote. I have designed this tote in honour and in time for Mother's Day, because Mothers are simply Aaaaaaaamazing!!!
Everyone loves a tote bag, they are mega-practical, they are roomy and they are so easy to use - just fill and swing it on your shoulder. I wanted to create a tote that not only does the business; it also looks the business This tote may be full of lady/mummy/grandma etc. gubbins, but on the outside this tote looks boutique-bought, unfussy and super-stylish.
This new tote has of course been Office Squealometer© (and husband) approved. You'll love how roomy and substantial the tote feels. It is made with foam so it stands up by itself (yet it feels nice and soft against your body). This layer of squish is important as I've included a special protective pocket for your e-tablet (OK, let's just call it your iPad). The bag can be made in 2 sizes; the large size for iPads and the smaller size for small (not mini) iPads.
Things we love:
- She's smart - eye-catching features such as: the faux leather bag corners and perfectly matching straps (with their glossy screws) elevate this bag from just another tote to a tote bag that is polished and totally professional-looking
- She's organised - inside there are 3 pockets and 1 iPad pocket and still there is loads of room to spare (see the pics for yourself!)
- She secure - the bag has an easy to install (honestly) zipper closure
- She's strong - she's designed to look great, but she is made to last. The bag corners add shape, structure and protection, the straps are on solid (they're not going anywhere), and the foam layer adds as much strength as it does softness.
Large: 18 7/8" (W) x 14" (H) x 4 3/4" (D) (48cm x 35.5cm x 12cm) = large iPAd
Small: 17 5/16" (W) x 12" (H) x 4 3/4" (D) (44cm x 30.5cm x 12cm) = small (not mini) iPad
Click on images to enlarge:
Here's me modelling the small size. See, this tote is not your average shopping tote. This tote bag looks just as smart in the grocery store as it does on a city-break or even at the office. I used this canvas fabric.
The tabs that you can see either side of the ipad pocket closure tab are the backs of the bag straps - these strap backs provide reinforcement to the straps so you can be sure that there will be no bag strap malfunctions - at any time!
So I hope you like my new tote bags as much as we do. Thing is we can't start offering the pattern and kit until the bag has a name. Can you help?
CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. THANKS
Contest Details (please read carefully)
To one lucky winner we'll send a BLANK bag making kit (with pattern) for this bag. It will contain all you need except fabrics and threads.
To enter all you have to do is comment on THIS PARTICULAR POST by:
- Picking a name for this bag design. As a couple of pointers I tend NOT to name my items after girls names (such as 'Jane Purse' because IMHO that has little meaning...), instead I tend to lean towards names which in some way describe the item.
- Please DO NOT focus on the fabric of this bag as this will be a pattern/kit only. Ta!
- Enter as many times as you like.
- We'll select the winning name end of next Thurs 9th March 2017 (GMT) and announce the winner the following day.
- I'll need to ask the winner to make a donation for the postage (the kit will be sent as soon as the pattern is published).
- Sorry I can't notify winners, so please keep an eye for the winner announcement. This is made easier for you if you subscribe to this blog so you don't have to keep checking back, although it's always great to have you pop-in for a read :0)
- Prizes which are not claimed within 3 weeks of the winner announcement will be carried forward to the next draw.
- Sorry I can't reply to contest/draw comments, but I do love reading every single one. :)