You'll be happy to hear that U-Handbag will continue to trade, you can read all about this in the full article 'We're Not Cutting Out!'
I have a big announcement: U-Handbag will cease trading this year in October 2017. From October all products, patterns and kits will no longer be available to buy anywhere. All product and *sewing pattern support will also no longer be available as of October. After 12 years of running U-Handbag I feel a need for a whole new adventure. I am not going away (I will have connections to the craft world), I am starting something new... I hope you will watch this space where all will be revealed.
*I will continue to provide support for my Craftsy classes, additionally this blog will remain online.
Do any of you remember this fella? He was our dog Beans and he featured in this blog's very first post back in 1st November 2006!
My reasons for a new direction change are several. They centre upon my role a as mum, my role as a designer and my personal connection with craft.
- As a school mum (and wearer of several other 'busy-lady' hats) I feel that I can no longer devote the time I like to keeping U-Handbag ship-shape.
- I love the design and making process, but after 10+years of focusing only on bags I'm itching to explore other crafts (though sewing will always be my first love).
- In recent years I've had no time to sew for fun. I want to make my daughter kooky dungarees and frilly ra-ra skirts. Such clothes form part of my happy childhood memories and I dearly want to make those memories with and for my daughter.
I have been so very lucky. From modest beginnings my business has spawned books, films and countless bag patterns and it has grown beyond all expectation. I am so grateful for your support and the encouragement you have given U-Handbag over the years. U-Handbag has been fun to run and I will miss you lovely bag makers! I hope that you have had fun too and that some of you will join me in my next journey. Thank you, I couldn't have done this without you. Lisa Xx
CLOSING DOWN FAQS - GENERAL:
- What date will U-Handbag close down? 31st October 2017
- Will the U-Handbag blog still be available? Yes, for as long as the blog continues to have a stream of visitors.
- After the closing down date will I be able to contact Lisa or the U-Handbag team about U-Handbag products? No.
- After the closing down date will I be able to get a refund or exchanges on orders? Yes, according to consumer statutory rules you have up to 28 days after date of purchase - we will extend that a further 7 days = making a total of 35 days.
- Will I be able to make wholesale orders right now? No. Due to the current high volume of orders we are unable to process wholesale orders at this time.
- Will I be able to find out about wholesale / factory information? In the interest of professional courtesy we are unable to pass on supplier information to anyone.
- After the closing down date where will Craftsy class students be able to purchase equivalent products? Lisa will provide this information to students via Craftsy.
- After the closing down date will discount codes and gift cards be valid? No. Please ensure that all codes and gift cards are used prior to the closing down date. Cards and codes are not valid for refund at any time.
- Will my order be dispatched on the same day? We will endeavour to dispatch orders received by 1pm within 24 hours of receiving your order, on business days (however during busy periods and/or staff holidays this period may be a little longer).
- After the closing down date will I be able to get help on U-Handbag sewing patterns? No.
- After the closing down date will PDF patterns still be available? No.
- After the closing down date will I be able to purchase Lisa's book? Yes, they are available at many bookshops and online by Amazon, (but they will not be signed).
- After the closing down date will customers be able to hold workshops/sell handmade finished items from U-Handbag designs? Yes.
- After the closing down date will I still be able to get my free PDF version of that *pattern? *if applicable. Yes, the links will continue to work.