I've always had a special fondness for this bag design. It was such a puzzle to figure out how to construct it, but when I did I felt like a bit of a magician (and when you make it you will too!). Back when the pattern was first published, interlining and wadding choices were limited. Nowadays there are all sorts of technically advanced support options at our disposal. Fast forward to 2017 and I've decided that The Trinity Bag deserves a loving update. I have rewritten the pattern to include squishy fusible foam (I promise not a wrinkle will be seen on the outside), I've added a mag snap to the central compartment (very pleasing and more secure) and used our 30" leather piped handles (looks totes fab!).
For the first time The Trinity Bag is available as a kit as well as a pattern, for those of you who have yet to be introduced to her, let me do so now. With her 3 compartments she makes for easier organisation and rummaging. She looks neat, but she can expand to hold more, as needed. You can store your larger possessions in the roomy front and back compartments and your smaller essentials in the middle compartment. The handy thing about this bag is that you can access all 3 compartments via one flap (which means, no having to pop open or unzip squillions of pockets to get at what you need). The bag is secure thanks to it's posh-looking tongue lock and thanks to the placement of the bag handles (that rest upon the flap itself) there's even less access for naughty fingers!
You might be thinking, "if Lisa had a 'whale of time' figuring out this design, then won't it be a 'nightmare' for me to make??" I can assure you, I have figured out all of the hard stuff and made it easy for you, so that this bag is no harder to make than any of my usual designs. I have included almost 30 pics with this pattern and none of the steps are hard or exotic. Honest!
Things we love:
- She feels and looks the business - the new padding not only feels substantial, it really makes the bag look professional and high quality.
- She's secure - the tongue lock is effective and looks fab. The bag handles stand up over the bag flap and this further increases security. The snap in the inner pocket will ensure your possessions won't escape whilst you're running for the bus.
- She looks so professional - we think she has 'It Girl' looks!
- She's versatile - she's primarily meant to be held by her leather handles, but should you need your hands free you can slip on the shoulder strap.
- She's not nearly as hard to make as you might think - I promise.
- She's roomy and organised - for her neat dimensions she can hold a fair amount! Organise your possessions in her 3 compartments and enjoy calm rummaging.
Finished size: W13" x H10" (33cm x 25.5cm)