THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED - THANK YOU
Ohhhh! Here is a purse that thinks she's a bag (and I have to say I agree!). When I first saw this nice large purse frame I knew straight away that I wanted to turn it into a nice roomy feminine bag with 'just the right size proportions'. A practical size that you will actually get a lot of use from. I had seen purse bags of this size in Japan and loved how kookily stylish they looked. I have to say, from idea to final construction this design was easy to design and put together. See my initial sketch below...
...as you will see the final made up design pretty much resembles the my first sketch. This happens like...never!
THINGS WE LOVE:
- Wear her in 2 ways - Her straps adjust, so you can wear her 2 ways, either on the shoulder or across the body to keep your hands free.
- She's most definitely a bag (not a purse) - She will fit your keys, phone, money, water bottle, Kindle, make up bag and a small umbrella!
- She has a roomy front pocket with a cute tab closure - For inner organisation she has a roomy lining pocket.
- She has structure - her pretty purse frame is nicely contrasted with a squared and firm base.
- She has versatile looks - make her in solid + pattern fabrics (like I have) or make her in all solids, all pattern or have some real fun by combining textures. The design is perfect for fabric playfulness!
- She looks accomplished, but she's actually friendly and fun to put together - promise
- She is easy to make - you can make the purse in a day and be ready to take her out in the evening.
She has a roomy front pocket with a cute tab closure and a roomy lining pocket for inner organisation :)
CONTEST DETAILS (please read carefully)
The lucky winner will WIN this new BLANK bag making kit, which will contain all you need to make the purse, except fabrics, threads and glue.
To enter all you have to do is comment on THIS PARTICULAR POST by:
* Picking a name for the bag design. A couple of pointers to help you: We tend NOT to name purses/bags after girls names (such as 'Jane Purse' because IMHO that has little meaning...), and instead tend to lean towards names which describe the purse or bag in some way.
* Please DO NOT focus on the fabric of this bag as the pattern and kit do not come with fabrics. Ta!
* You can enter as many times as you wish to.
* We will select the winning name at the end of Friday 2nd Feb 2018 (GMT) and announce the winner the following day.
* We will need to ask the winner to make a donation for the postage (the kit will be sent as soon as the pattern is published).
* Sorry we are unable to notify the winner, so please keep an eye out for the winners announcement. This is made easier for you if you subscribe to this blog so you don't have to keep checking back, although it's always great to have you pop-in for a read :0)
* Prizes which are not claimed within 3 weeks of the winners announcement will be carried forward to the next draw.
* Sorry we are unable to reply to contest/draw comments, but we do love reading every single one.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :)